Recycling with us is easy
We want to reduce the environmental footprint in the fashion world and are working to do our part by engaging in more circular and sustainable fashion practices.
We cooperate with experts within the recycling field and rely on our customers to recycle with us. Our in-store recycling program is designed to encourage customers to return empty beauty packaging, as well as pre-loved garments, and textiles to any of our store locations. As a reward for recycling with us, we treat our customers to a 10% off voucher valid for one online or in-store purchase.
For now, our beauty products are not available online for all locations. We do offer a luxurious range of products in our stores. When it comes to our beauty line, we have an overall sustainable approach within our beauty range, using standard packaging and keeping the paper use to a minimum by printing all necessary information on the inside of the boxes instead of on pamphlet inserts. To recycle & Other Stories’ beauty packaging, bring back the empty containers from our colour cosmetics, bath & body, and skincare ranges to one of our stores. Please note, for the time being, we do not offer in-store recycling in the United Arab Emirates or Qatar.
This is how it works:
1. Simply return one, or more, of our empty beauty containers to your nearest & Other Stories, and you’ll get one voucher with a 10% off recycling treat, as a thank you to use towards your next purchase. Please note that your voucher can be used once and is valid for three months.
2. The packaging is sorted according to material directly in the store and then passed on to the nearest recycling station.
Pre-loved garments of all kinds are welcome for donation at most of our stores, with the exception of the United Arab Emirates and Qatar, for now, we do not offer our recycling programs here.
Donating pre-loved textiles is the first step in the process and gives a chance for your tired treasures of the past to gain a second life as insulation material for construction industries, geofleece, carpet underlay and rear shelves in cars, stuffed toys, shoe insoles, among many, many other things.
This is how it works:
1. Simply fill a bag with textiles (all brands are welcome!), bring it to your closest store, and you’ll get one voucher with a 10% off thank-you treat to use towards your next purchase. Please note that your voucher can be used once and is valid for three months.
2. Your bags are then collected from the store by our recycling partners. They have the infrastructural solutions in place to sort the items ensuring that the different materials are handled in the best possible way. Each piece (no matter its age or condition) is a valuable source of raw material – a treasure ready to embark on its second chapter. By recycling with us you create a circle that keeps all these raw materials from being produced again from scratch.
3. All textiles are passed on for their next best use via our recycling partner and are sorted into the following categories:
• Recycling - everything that is not suitable for producing new garments is converted into recycled fibres and non-woven fabric.
• Rewear – garments that are still wearable move on as second-hand clothing.
• Reuse – textiles that can’t be worn anymore are turned into special products, such as cleaning cloths.
• Upcycling – when the product is turned into another product of higher, or equal quality.
Read more about our partner I:CO and their process on
We are recycling-ready, hope you are too!